The rest of this post is going to focus on my Beauty Board haul! I purchased a few things (some are not shown as they were for a swap), won 3 prizes in the raffle draw, was given a few products when walking around, and of course left with a great swag bag!
I've grouped the photos by type of product for the most part so I will indicate where I got each product. The first set of products is from the ever generous Farleyco! We received:
- Flexitol Blistop // swag bag // 32.5 ml (full size) // $7.99... This product is supposed to help prevent blisters. I've tried this product once already and I think it works! Apparently, runners also use this product to prevent chafing so my hubby has since claimed this product for himself!
- Splat Hair Chalk in Dusty Rose // swag bag // 3.5 g (full size) // $8.99
- Real Techniques Your Eyes Enhanced Starter Set // raffle prize // 5 brushes (full size) // $19.99... I was SO happy when I won this prize! I wanted to buy the Core Collection at the event but it was sold out by the time I got to the Farleyco booth. Thankfully I still get to try some of the brushes.
- Montagne Jeunesse Zap Them Peel-Off Mask in Ginger // swag bag // 10 ml (full size) // $1.99... I hope there's enough for 2 applications so my hubby and I can try it together! :)
Next up are some products from Pelle Beauty and Kaia. I really enjoyed chatting with the ladies about their respective brands!
- Pelle Beauty Lip Balm in Mint // raffle prize // 4 g (full size) // $48.95 for all 4 products in the travel kit prize
- Pelle Beauty Stellar - Multitasking Facial Concentrate // raffle prize // 15 ml (travel size) // $48.95 for all 4 products in the travel kit prize... This is Pelle Beauty's bestseller and I am super excited to give it a try. There are a multitude of different uses for this product but what stood out to me at the event was to use this as a base before you apply your clay mask. Apparently, it helps keep the moisture in your skin and also allows your clay mask to be more effective.
- Pelle Beauty PelleClean - Gentle Cleansing Gel // raffle prize // 60 ml (travel size) // $48.95 for all 4 products in the travel kit prize
- Pelle Beauty Citrus Facial Mist // raffle prize // 60 ml (travel size) // $48.95 for all 4 products in the travel kit prize
- Pelle Beauty Botanical Facial Mist // swag bag // 30 ml (sample size) // approx. $4.48
- Pelle Beauty Stellar - Multitasking Facial Concentrate // swag bag // est. 2 ml (travel size) // approx. $3.86
- Kaia 24hr. Booster Serum with Argan & Moringa Oils // swag bag // 30 ml (full size) // $36
I've only tried a few Pure + Simple products but I've really liked all of them so I was super excited when I saw travel sets for sale at the beauty board. I thought these travel sets were a good way to try 4 different products at a pretty reasonable price ($25). I bought a set, my hubby got a free set, and we also got a little something in our goody bag!
- Pure + Simple Sensitive Skin Face Wash // swag bag // 20 ml (sample size) // approx. $3.99
- Pure + Simple Pure Skin Face Wash // hubby's freebie // 20 ml (sample size) // approx. $2.99
- Pure + Simple Skin Softening Moisture Lotion // hubby's freebie // 20 ml (sample size) // approx. $13.70
- Pure + Simple Pure Skin Face Oil // hubby's freebie // 20 ml (sample size) // approx. $13.18
- Pure + Simple Purifying French Clay Mask // hubby's freebie // 20 ml (sample size) // approx. $8.78
- Pure + Simple Sensitive Cleansing Milk // purchased by me // 20 ml (sample size) // approx. $5.58
- Pure + Simple Cellular Repair Face Cream // purchased by me // 20 ml (sample size) // approx. $17.58
- Pure + Simple Rejuvenating Face Oil // purchased by me // 20 ml (sample size) // approx. $13.18
- Pure + Simple Rejuvenating Rosehip Mask // purchased by me // 20 ml (sample size) // approx. $10.98
My hubby loves bar soap so I find myself trying quite a number of them. Dot and Lil makes some of the best bar soaps I've ever tried... the scent is wonderful and they lather amazingly well!
- Dot and Lil Black Tea & Cassis Soap // purchased by me // 115 g (full size) // $7
- Dot and Lil Lemon & Sage Soap // swag bag // 30 g (mini bar) // approx. $1.83
- Consonant 100% Organic Olive Oil Body Soap // swag bag // 83 g (sample size) // $8.89
- Ella's Botanicals Beauty Bar Soap in Lemon Zing // swag bag // 12 g (sample size) // approx. $0.70
- Ella's Botanical Magic Balm in Lavender Bliss // purchased by me // 14 g (sample size) // $5
Next up is my favourite type of product ever... lip products!!
- Lippy Girl Sha-Zam Lip Shimmer Stick // raffle prize // 2.6 g (full size) // $10
- Lippy Girl Extra Virgin Vegan Lip Gloss // raffle prize // 14 g (full size) // $15
- Lippy Girl Vegocentric Organic Vegan Lipstick in Schmoopy // raffle prize // 5 g (full size) // $23
- Lippy Girl Vegocentric Organic Vegan Lipstick in Fancy Pants // raffle prize // 5 g (full size) // $23
- Revolution Organics Freedom Gloss in Freedom // swag bag // 6.5 g (full size) // $26
- Crawford Street Skin Care Spearmint-Vanilla Lip Balm // swag bag // 4.4 g (full size) // $5
- Sweet Leaf Bath Co. Peppermint Beeswax Lip Balm // swag bag // 6 g (full size but this must be a typo because it looks like 4 grams) // $5.50
- Kona Kare Lip Butter Balm in The Original One // swag bag // 4 g (full size) // $10 (on sale for $5 at the beauty board and on the Kona Kare website)
A close second favourite is... nail polish! :)
- Cheeky Monkey Nail Lacquer in Thigh Highs // purchased by me // 15 ml (full size) // $15
- Cheeky Monkey Nail Lacquer in Cheap Whore // swag bag // 15 ml (full size) // $15
- ImPress Nails in Over the Moon // freebie // 1 set (full size) // est. $7
- ImPress Nails in Ecstatic Cling // swag bag // 1 set (full size) // est. $7
Last but certainly not least, here are a few miscellaneous items from the beauty board!
- Cake Lollipop courtesy of Paper Plus Cloth // freebie... Yummy! This lollipop was so delicious!
- Paper Plus Cloth Washi Tape // swag bag
- A Paper Story Little Black Dress Card // freebie
- A Paper Story Set of 2 Thank You Cards // swag bag
- Miyu Hydrate Me Beauty Tea // swag bag... Miyu products are launching in August 2013 and I am incredibly excited about it. Not only do I love tea, I have just started using facial mists on a regular basis, and I absolutely love the Miyu branding and packaging.
The Beauty Board is an event held in Toronto and is organized by the amazing Stephanie from BlushPretty. Tickets were $35+tax and we received a great swag bag as a parting gift. This year, the value of the swag bag was around $150! A big thanks to Stephanie and Elaine for organizing such a great event. I had an amazing time testing out different products, chitchatting with fellow bloggers, YouTubers, vendors, etc., shopping for little goodies, munching on yummy hors d'oeuvres, and bopping to music!
Just a heads up for next year that there are usually a limited number of early bird tickets to this event at a discounted price... if you're interested, be sure to sign up with BlushPretty to be notified for the next event.
Note: I paid for a ticket to this event.