1. Photo-a-day project of hubby and me.
- I thought I had a perfect month but when I went through my photos to add them to the video, I noticed I missed one on August 3. Dang!
- I did pretty well in August and didn't buy any clothing (new or used) except for a couple of things that I picked up in Montreal. I did cheat a little bit though because I picked up two bracelets and two scarves.
3. Savings goal + rewards!
- I'm at 53% and I'm so proud of myself for saving money this year. :)
- I hit the 50% mark too late in the year so I'm thinking I will only hit 80% of my goal by the end of the year... that means no 2nd reward.
- I've finally come up with a new goal to replace my failed one new beauty product per month goal. I will be instituting a self-imposed beauty ban in the months of September and October.
5. Drink one litre of water per day.
- I'm doing pretty well with this goal so I'm going to ramp it up a little bit. I'm going to try to drink one litre of water before 5pm every day, i.e., I want to try to drink one liter of water while I'm at work.
- I haven't been eating very healthy but I feel there's been a slight improvement because I am no longer eating potato chips! :)
6. Figure out the mess that is my hair.
- August was a good month for my hair! I used my $100 gift card from Topbox to purchase the Nume 4Play, which is a curling wand that comes with 4 different barrel attachments. It was very awkward at first but I got the hang of it after the first use. I've used the 32mm attachment and the mini reverse 9mm to 18mm attachment so far... I love the curls!
- I also figured out how to make my digital perm look decent. I apply Frizz-Ease Sheer Solution Lightweight Frizz Control and Aussie Catch the Wave Mousse + Leave-In Conditioner after my shower when my hair is still damp and put my hair up in a loose bun with a clip. Then in the morning, I scrunch my hair all over with the Alberto European Extreme Style Texturizing Gum.
7. Decorate, de-clutter & re-organize.
- August was a slow month but I did manage to shred years and years of tax files (only keeping the 7 most recent years). I also found a use for my Topboxes (I store them on their sides with the cap off so they become a mini storage system but I haven't decided what to put in there yet).
8. Keep a better record of events.
I can't believe there are only 4 months left in the year! How are you doing with your 2012 goals? Have you started thinking about your 2013 goals yet?