1. photo-a-day project of hubby and me.
- i was doing so well with taking lots of photos outdoors! then i missed 2 days right at the end of july.
- bleh, i cheated in july by making a purchase from runway bandits after seeing the orange jacket in this video. the items at runway bandits were very inexpensive (around $20 per item) but, as you may expect, the quality isn't all that great. even still, they are fun and easy-to-wear pieces so i am happy with my purchase. i am just quite disappointed in myself for cheating.
3. savings goal + rewards!
- i'm still at around 45% but i should be hitting 50% shortly.
- i'm not sure i'll reach 100% by the end of the year, which means i won't be able to purchase my 2nd reward for myself... but that's ok.
4. one new beauty product per month.
- since i've pretty much scrapped this goal, i toyed with doing a complete beauty ban until december (so for 3 to 4 months) but i wasn't sure if that would make things better or worse so i decided to just hold off again. one of my youtube viewers mentioned she does monthly goals - which i thought was a great idea - so maybe i will try that.
5. one litre of water per day.
- i am still drinking one litre of water per day. i should probably up this goal a little bit now that i'm meeting it consistently. i'm still not eating healthy... yet.
- 50% because i can't in good consciousness give myself a good score even though i've been drinking enough water (same as last month).
6. figure out the mess that is my hair.
- the only thing i did to my hair in july was get a digital perm. i don't regret it but i'm not sure i would recommend it either. it's basically 2 uncomfortable hours at the salon, during which i had stinky chemicals put on my hair, saran wrap around my head, heated rollers hooked up to electrical cords in my hair, and tons upon tons of hair washes and rinses. all that for a pretty-but-not-too-noticeable body wave that gradually became straighter and straighter as the days went on. to the point that i went back to the salon and they re-did the perm (i was concerned about hair damage but my stylist told me that he used a light chemical so my hair should be ok). i spent 3 hours at the salon for this round and my hair is a little more wavy but still not too noticeable. i'm trying to find my perfect way of styling my hair and bringing out the waves so i'll provide a further update when i figure it out.
- i did find an awesome hair treatment in july though! it made my hair so soft and silky. it's the joico k-pak revitaluxe treatment from my july glymm bag. i am loving this product and will be repurchasing it.
7. decorate, de-clutter & re-organize.
- nothing happened on this front in july. i put a few pieces of clothing in the donation pile but i haven't done much else.
8. keep a better record of events.
if you made 2012 goals and resolutions, are you still on track? any tips on staying motivated to achieve your annual goals?